Friday, July 23, 2010

Bugaboos and the Wannabes Who Buy Them

Ever since the Bugaboo stroller came out I have been paying attention to them. I've watched people load them in and out of cars with less ease than I do with my Graco stroller. And it made me wonder why this stroller costs $1,000 and who would think that its reasonable to pay this much for one? They don't have a robotic arm for feeding (but that would be awesome if it did right?!)and they don't come with a "Mute Button" so baby will stop crying, so I just wonder.

I guess this would go under the topics of product reviews or how to waste your money on baby gear. I know Bugaboos are cute but I don't like getting my cute things dirty with baby fluids. They are sort if known as "the first time moms stroller" because only someone who doesn't know better can get duped into wasting $1,000 on a stroller. It doesn't even come with a cup holder or the accessories, they are all sold separately.

Would you walk with a $1,000 pair of Gucci shoes through a dirt road? Would you throw up on your Hermes handbag? Would you let someone use your Mercedes as a bathroom? Well I think you get my point. If you want to spend a little dough and still look cute get a Juicy Couture diaper Bag for less than $300

Don't spend more than $600 on a stroller! It is obscene and looks like your trying too hard. And in Los Angeles where it seems like everyone who has one also drives an Escalade while wearing Ed Hardy or Juicy Couture from head to toe it just comes off as trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Maybe some people look at it as a status symbol but I like to treat my expensive belongings such as Diamonds and Crystal nicely which means keep it away from the kids. All of the features of a good stroller can be found for way less than $1,000. Then maybe your day won't be ruined when your little one spits up all over it.




Audra Rozen aka Milfy Mom @ http://www.diamondsanddirtydiapers.blogspot.com